Border Patrol Academy Detailed Staff/Sector Training/Detail Management Team,
Please be advised, the Office of Training and Development will implement residential (FLETC facility) lodging for all detailed instructors beginningOctober 1, 2013. All detailed agents assigned to the Border Patrol Academy need be aware of the following:
· As of October 1, 2013, all anticipated TDY lodging will be provided by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), in rooms similar to those occupied by trainee agents. Rooms will be equipped with television with cable TV. Wi-Fi is available as pay for service.
· If the detailed instructor elects to secure his/her own lodging, the Agency will reimburse the employee for the cost of the lodging provided by the Agency or the cost of the lodging secured by the employee, whichever is lesser. Current CBP contracted rate for FLETC lodging is $28.61/day.
· FLETC currently has a limited number of rooms with private baths. Those rooms will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
· Microwaves, refrigerators, coffee pots, coolers, and alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted in FLETC provided lodging.
· Reimbursement will be in accordance with existing travel regulations.
· Detailed agents who arrived prior to September 30, 2013 are not required to relocate into FLETC provided lodging.
Cully E. Knowlton
Senior Course Development Instructor
U.S. Border Patrol Academy